- Data Protection Agreements: Eliminating commercial risk by complying with lawA short introduction to the ‘Why?’ of requiring data protection agreements to be put in place, as well as the ‘How?’ of their contents.
- Get GDPR CompliantHow to get GDPR Compliant with due diligence checked, rated and reviewed trusted GDPR suppliers. The list of top GDPR solution companies and how to choose the right one for you.
- Is there a list of trusted, rated and reviewed GDPR suppliers?Is there a list of preferred, trusted, due diligence checked GDPR solution companies? Rated and reviewed by customers to give you insight into what it is like to work with them?
- What are the 7 principles of GDPR?There are 7 principles of GDPR. This article covers what the 7 principles are, and what each principle means. Thought there were only 6? Find out the 7th.
- Is absolute GDPR compliance possible?What does GDPR compliance actually mean in practical real world terms, and is absolute GDPR compliance possible?
- Do you need a Data Protection Officer?What are the circumstances in which you legally need a Data Protection Officer, and when is it good practice?
- What are the 4 P’s of GDPR?The 4 P’s of GDPR – being positive, pragmatic, people and processes, and what that means in practical terms to your GDPR implementation.
- What is GDPR Article 27?Understanding the GDPR Article 27 requirements, what it actually means, and a case example.
- How does GDPR apply to Franchising?GDPR and franchising with the GDPR requirements on franchisors and franchisees. What it means in practical terms.
- How and when to train staff on Data Protection?The practicalities of how and when to train staff on GDPR and Data Protection.
- What does GDPR Compliance mean?The meaning of GDPR compliance, and the routes to GDPR compliance.
- How does GDPR apply in schools?GDPR as it applies to schools and education and what the practical considerations are.
- What new risks to GDPR does COVID-19 and lockdown bring?The new risks to GDPR posed by COVID-19.
- What is the risk of ignoring GDPR legislation?What is the real risk of ignoring GDPR legislation, impact and likelihood?
- What does GDPR mean in simple terms?The meaning of GDPR explained in its simplest terms.
Managing Director of Assured Clarity Carolyn Harrison addresses the new risks and challenges brought about by the COVID-19 Lockdown –https://allowlist.io/gdpr/what-new-risks-to-gdpr-does-covid-19-and-lockdown-bring/
Data Protection within schools has never been more important than it is today. With such a large amount of personal data (pupils, parents and staff included) being processed online it, is essential that schools ensure compliance with GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018. Chorus Advisers write about the importance of data protection in schools https://allowlist.io/gdpr/how-does-gdpr-apply-in-schools/
To condense and paraphrase Article 32, “Taking into account everything the organisation does with personal data it shall take appropriate measures”. GDPR compliance is relative to your organisation. ParaDPO answer the question ‘What is the meaning of GDPR compliance https://allowlist.io/gdpr/what-does-gdpr-compliance-mean/
Start with a training needs assessment. Be honest with the technical skills of staff. Create a training programme that delivers a better information and data handling culture instead of a tick box! From skills for the DPO through to skills of staff, avoid ‘out-of-the-box’ training programmes. Tailor it to your needs, your pressures, and your priorities so that Data Protection really does become more than just a piece of law. Scott Sammons from Lighthouse IG discusses GDPR training and how and when you train staff on Data Protection https://allowlist.io/gdpr/how-and-when-to-train-staff-on-data-protection/
Simon Bishop from GDPR Systems discusses Franchising and the responsibilities of Franchisors and Franchisees now that GDPR is in place https://allowlist.io/gdpr/how-does-gdpr-apply-to-franchising/
Stuart Barker takes a look at what the real risk is to business of ignoring the GDPR legislation – https://allowlist.io/gdpr/what-is-the-risk-of-ignoring-gdpr-legislation/
With the end of the transitional period (31st December 2020) looming, you will be interested to learn that Article 27 of the General Data Protection Regulation requires that Organisations that process EU residents’ data, but that are established outside of the EU, must formally appoint a representative under Article 27 of the GDPR in the European Union to represent them on data protection matters. EU Rep discuss Article 27 https://allowlist.io/gdpr/what-is-gdpr-article-27/
Assured Clarity suggest using the 4P’s to align to GDPR – Positive, Pragmatic, People and Processes https://allowlist.io/gdpr/what-are-the-4-ps-of-gdpr/
Under the GDPR, appointment of a DPO is compulsory if you:
Are a public authority or body
Conduct regular or systematic monitoring of data subjects
Process special categories of data or criminal convictions on a large scale
Curatrix ask the question ‘Do we need a Data Protection Officer – https://allowlist.io/gdpr/do-you-need-a-data-protection-officer/
Scott Sammons from Lighthouse IG discusses what GDPR Compliance means to him and what it may mean to you. https://allowlist.io/gdpr/is-absolute-gdpr-compliance-possible/
Lawful, fair, and transparent
Storage Limitation – aka retention
Suze from Garden City Assurance presents the foundations of GDPR Compliance and the 7 principles – https://allowlist.io/gdpr/what-are-the-7-principles-of-gdpr/